This year my Grandma turns 94. Filled with spirit and spunk,
there she is blowing a kiss from her front window.
Over the years she's given me several words of wisdom, some funny, some didn't make sense till later, but all play like a recording in my mind. Here are 20 of my favorite words of wisdom. Feel free to comment with the sayings or wisdom of your loved one.
- The only thing guaranteed in life is change.
- You can't hide broccoli in milk, so you may as well spill the milk and feed the broccoli to the dog while no one is watching.
- You will reap the seeds you sow.
- Measure twice, cut once.
- Take a picture with your mind and the memory will forever be in your heart.
- Laugh loudly--no one should ever have to restrain their joy.
- Don't mistake my kindness for weakness.
- When all else fails, suck it up!
- Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you, no one would believe it.
- Run from the person who says, "I want change"but never let go of the one who says, "lets change".
- Why you do something is infinitely more important than the how.
- Always, always always, have more jelly than peanut butter in your PB&J sandwich.
- Love is a choice, not a feeling.
- If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
- Everyone has two wolfs in them, one is Good and the other is Evil. Pick which wolf you want to feed.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Well done is better than well said.
- Be the kind of person you want to meet.
- Counting others sins does not make you a saint.
- Love is the true price of love.