but do you know what it causes?
Stress: the thing we all hate and yet can't seem to avoid. Instead of listing out what causes stress, here is a list of what stress can do to your body.
1. Increase the release of the hormone cortisol, which lows your immune system and tells your body to store fat for readily.
2. Blood pressure increases as well as heart rate; this can lead to headaches.
3. Your fight-or-flight response kicks in, releasing hormones that tighten muscles. These hormones also tell your body to reduce blood flow to the digestive system, leading to constipation.
4. Lots of hormones leads to restlessness and trouble sleeping.
1. Poor concentration and forgetfulness
2. Difficulty learning due to lack of focus
This list is much too long to number: Anxiety, depression, anger, irritability, feelings of helplessness, a lack of purpose, relationship troubles, you name it.
1. Poor food choices for convenience sake, which further leads to constipation
2. Driving recklessly and accident prone actions
3. Abusing alcohol or drugs as attempted outlets
4. Generalized aggression due to hormones (especially fight-or-flight response)
This is only to name a few. What does is your body's reaction to stress? Does you get a mysterious rash or acne? What about you; what do you do when you're stressed? Do you pace or bite your nails?